Our Sport Clubs
The following is a list of available sport clubs at UC Riverside. All participants are welcome and membership fees are required for uniforms, association fees and other equipment. There are try-outs as it relates to becoming a member of the team.
Interested in joining or starting your own club? Contact email@example.com, (951) 827-4468 for more information.
Sport Clubs is comprised of three different tiers: National, Regional, and Conditional. Each sport club is divided amongst the different tiers dependent upon the qualifications of each tier. All clubs and their members must abide by the requirements and standards stated under each tier, which you will find below.
National Competitive Club
To be considered a tier 1 sport club teams must meet 11 of the 13 following requirements:
- Have at least 10 organized scheduled games or competitions. Tournaments are counted as a single competition.
Competitions are only counted when against other universities.
- Have at least 5 away travel trips.
- Have at least 2 practices a week.
- Have a minimum of 10 UCR students on a team.
- Belong to a National Organization.
- Qualify for its “Nationals”.
- Compete in a recognized collegiate league.
- Compete in at least two of three academic quarters.
- Have a pre-approved coach (paid or volunteer) registered with the UCR sport clubs department.
- Spend the monies allotted in an appropriate way for the team’s needs.
- Have contact with alumni. Ex: The alumni newsletter, games and/or fundraisers.
- Provide a game schedules, rosters, travel forms, team pictures and news articles in a timely fashion.
- Attend required monthly meetings with the Assistant Director or Coordinator of Competitive Sports.
- Must compete/travel with at least 75% of their roster.
Regional Competitive Club
To be considered a tier 2 sport club teams must:
- Have effective club leadership and continuity at the competitive level for more than two years
- Have the ability to maintain a membership of at least 10 (or the minimum number required by the activity) active UCR student members.
- Have a coach or instructor.
- Have an officer from the club must meet with the Sport Clubs director once a quarter (minimum) to verify program compliance.
- Complete one successful fundraising activity during the first academic year. All fundraising activities must be brought to the attention to the administration two weeks prior to the activity.
*Financial assistance from the Division of Competitive Sports is available for regional competitive clubs on case-by-case situations such as a National Tournament. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org at 951-827-7039.
Conditional Sport Clubs
To be considered a tier 3 sport club teams must:
- Demonstrate stability in terms of club administration, student interest and activity of club members for one academic year, or three in-season quarters.
- Have the ability to maintain a membership of at least 10 (or the minimum number required by the activity) active student members.
- Have an officer from the club meet with the Sport Clubs Director once every quarter (minimum) to verify program compliance.
- Must have all competition, recreational, or associated activities approved the club director in advance.
- Demonstrate proper fiscal management and raise 100% of necessary fees to initiate the program as requested.
- Complete one successful fundraising activity during the first academic year. All fundraising activities must be brought to the attention of the administration four weeks prior to the activity.
*Financial assistance from the division of competitive sports is NOT available for conditional clubs.