Our policies are designed to provide a safe and fair environment for all our members and participants. Learning what’s allowed not only helps you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules, but also helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.
Please feel free to contact us with questions or comments by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Athletic attire is required. No jeans, medical scrubs, swim attire, pants with rivets or zippers, or any material deemed to damage equipment is not permitted.
- A top, bottoms, and closed-toed athletic shoes (non-marking soles) are required. No boots, open-toed shoes, or high heels allowed.
- Clothing such as sports bras, crop tops, or muscle tanks require a towel to provide a protective barrier between skin, upholstery, and mats to protect you from MRSA and other skin infections.
- Shorts must be long enough to cover the buttocks and groin area.
- Be courteous and allow people to work in between sets during peak hours.
- Observe a 30-minute time limit on cardiovascular machines and weightlifting equipment during peak hours.
- Personal training can only be conducted by SRC personal trainers.
- Direct all concerns and maintenance issues to FitWell attendants.
- Follow all staff directions.
- Failure to follow these policies may result in loss of weight room privileges.
Controlled Access and Egress
- Access to the SRC can be gained through either the SRC North or SRC South front entrances.
- Patrons of the SRC are required to take the Daily Health Survey prior to entry.
- Hand scanners previously used for turnstiles have been replaced with bar code scanners that allow touch-free entrance eliminating a critical touchpoint. Users will download the “UCRSRC” app which generates the access control bar code needed to activate the turnstile gate.
- Queuing lanes for entry and exit are marked to ensure users maintain 6’ social distancing space.
- All turnstile lanes are both entrance and exit lanes. Please be courteous to other members as they enter and exit through the turnstiles.
Enhanced Cleaning Practices and Measures
- Recreation will implement advanced cleaning and disinfection standards to meet or exceed UCR Environmental Health & Safety and CAL OSHA Guidelines.
- The following are enhanced practices and measures implemented in the daily facility cleaning plan:
- Increased frequency and intensity of cleaning activities, especially of high touch surfaces. Use of CDC and CAL-OSHA guidelines for cleaning protocols.
- Cleaning practices will utilize EPA List N approved COVID-19 disinfecting products to ensure disinfection for COVID-19 virus.
- Prior to initiating cleaning tasks, all staff will practice appropriate hand hygiene, washing hands thoroughly prior to putting PPE on, and follow correct protocols for use of PPE.
- Non-essential cleaning activities will be reduced and the resources will be redeployed to focus on high touch points across the facility such as but not limited to; fitness equipment, sports equipment, elevators, water fountains, lockers, door handles and push bars and plates, tables, railings in stairwells, light switch plates, vending machines, etc.
- Cleaning of all locker rooms and rest room spaces is intensified to focus on high touch areas.
- All soap dispensers and paper products in all bathrooms will be refilled regularly.
Gathering and Congregation
- Areas that remain closed in any re-opening phase are locked and / or cordoned off.
- Elevators are designated “single rider” usage only with associated signage.
- Floor decals are placed throughout the building to indicate proper physical spacing. Decals are placed 6’ apart in all areas near service desks and entrance turnstiles where users may need to form a line.
- All communal furniture and gathering spaces throughout the SRC are cordoned off for safety.
- Users are advised to avoid congregating with others; warnings will be issued and access privileges may be suspended for those who receive multiple warnings.
- Multiple warnings for non-compliance may result in loss of access privileges and / or referral to Student Conduct and Academic Integrity Programs.
Health and Hygiene
- Wear a face mask and monitor your intensity level while exercising.
- Do not visit the facility if you are sick, experience a cough, shortness or breath, sore throat, fever in the last 48 hours, or showing other symptoms of COVID-19.
- Practice proper hygiene at all times. Wear clean clothing and have a clean mask each time you come into the facility.
- Clean all equipment you come in contact with both before and after use with the facility’s provided wipes.
- Towels are highly recommended in all fitness spaces to protect you from MRSA and other skin infections.
- Spitting on the track, floor, equipment, or drinking fountain is prohibited.
- Do not crowd around a machine waiting for it to become available for use.
- All circulation space and emergency exits must be clear.
- Closely follow all SRC signage and equipment out of order signage.
- Bags are not permitted. Fitness fanny packs are permitted, but must be worn. Personal belongings such as scooters, skateboards, and basketballs must be stored in a cubby or locker.
- Bags, sweaters, or towels cannot be hung on the cardio equipment handrails.
- Beverages must be in a spill proof, unbreakable, re-sealable container. No food or gum is allowed on the fitness floor.
- Do not move equipment from its location.
- Re-rack all plates, dumbbells, and attachments.
- Collars are required.
- Chalk or grip enhancing products are not permitted.
- Equipment must not be dropped from any height or leaned against walls, pillars, equipment, and mirrors.
- Olympic lifting and powerlifting must be performed on platforms.
- Powerlifting descents must be controlled to the floor.
- Bumper plates are required on the platforms. 2.5lb and 5lb metal plates are allowed.
- Only one person at a time on the platform. Lifting behind the platform is not permitted.
- Deadlifting is not permitted in the squat and power racks.
- Do not throw balls against walls, pillars, and mirrors.
- Wall ball exercises must be performed on the Escape Rig targets located across from MPR E in SRC South.
- Handstand push-ups/holds on walls, pillars, and mirrors are not permitted.
- Spotters are recommended for all free weight exercises.
- Dumbbells and working out on the track are not permitted.
- Dumbbells, fixed barbells, kettlebells, or Olympic barbells cannot be used in the MAC Gym. Ball slams and other exercises that can damage the floor are not permitted in the MAC Gym.