SRC Access Procedures
The UC Riverside Recreation department has adapted to the challenges of COVID-19, and we are implementing policy changes to help all students have a safe fitness experience.
NOTE: Spring quarter SRC access for students is valid through June 30, 2022.
ATTENTION: SRC North will be closed with no access on the following dates:
- Thursday, June 2nd thru Sunday, June 5th
- Sunday, June 12th thru Monday, June 13th
- SRC North will be partially closed with no access on Monday, June 6th thru Saturday, June 11th.
- Closed areas include: MPR rooms, upper and lower courts, and the event lobby.
- Open areas include: Racquetball, massage chairs, fitness equipment. Access to these areas are only available through SRC South.
NOTE: Prior to your arrival to the SRC, please visit the UCR COVID-19 Daily Wellness Check page for more information.
Access is as Easy as 1-2-3
Our members are our top priority and that is why we are introducing new technology, strict cleaning procedures and social distancing protocols to support the health and well-being of all Highlanders. We've worked hard during the campus closure to develop a comprehensive plan to reopen the SRC in stages. We feel confident at this stage to reopen our tennis courts, lap pool and fitness center to UCR students only. In order to gain access, please follow the steps below:
Download the UCRSRC app
Complete the Access Waiver
Access the SRC
Safety Guidelines & Policies
Protocols are in place to keep participants safe and healthy at the Student Recreation Center. Please help us stay safe by following our policies.
ATTENTION: Failure to comply with direction from SRC staff will result in removal from the premises, suspension of SRC privileges and referral to the Student Conduct Office.
- UC Policy 102.16 “Failure to identify oneself to, or comply with the directions of, a University official or other public official acting in the performance of his or her duties while on University property or at official University functions; or resisting or obstructing such University or other public officials in the performance of or the attempt to perform their duties.”
- UC Policy 102.27 “Failure to Comply with UCR Health and Safety Requirements for COVID-19.”
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We are committed to keeping the UCR community healthy. Below are frequently asked questions to help guide our members through our clean and well-spaced facility and information on important safety guidelines.
- What are the SRC hours?
Are masks required while working out?
Face coverings indoors will be strongly recommended for those who are up to date on vaccinations, which includes receiving all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose when eligible. Face coverings indoors will remain required for anyone who is not up to date on vaccinations
Who is eligible to utilize the SRC’s services?
All UCR faculty, staff, alumni, IEP students, domestic partners, guests and registered enrolled students are eligible to use the SRC.
Am I required to bring my own towel to the SRC?
Yes. You must bring your own towel in order to enter the SRC. The SRC’s towel service is no longer available.
How do I gain access to the SRC?
Download the UCRSRC app from http://go.ucr.edu/src
Complete the one-time access waiver within the app
Show your BARCODE ID at the front counter
Where can I park and do I have to pay for parking?
Parking is controlled by UCR Transportation and Parking Services (TAPS). Please direct your parking and permit inquiries to email@example.com